- peering down for a broader view -

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Hey Lay-Dees! (w/crescendo)

So, how many of you out there are dogs (talkin' about it in the CHINESE sense!!)? Well, it just so happens that I am a dog. I've always thought of this as a good thing. Some of the attributes like loyal, protective, etc. I find myself proud of.

except . . .

My husband is also a dog. He is a psychologist so for this post (and who knows maybe a few more in the future) I'll call him Shrink. HA. So, Shrink is a dog too. Once again - thought this was a good thing. Y'know, loyal, protective . . .

well. . .

Apparently, since it is the year of the dog, we can expect big things for us this year. However, a wise counsellor told me: Be prepared for conflicts with other dogs. In the end it will be good, but it won't be an easy journey

GREAT! I'm married to one.

And, I'm starting to think I need to study more Chinese philosophy. Conflicts? Oh yeah. They seem to be in greater abundance this year. They start as little "discussions" over silly things like,
Shrink: "Why didn't you take 5 minutes to put the leftovers in the fridge after dinner?"
Me: "Um, well, there are these two little people living in our house and one was running around the house naked threatening to pee on his sister while the other one was going for the broom to use as a weapon!"

But then it turns into a 2 hour discussion - like almost every time. In the end, the discussions usually turn out well and we are better. I guess I'd rather have that better feeling sans the 2 hour discussion!

So, just wondering - any other dogs? Any nifty tips? I'm dog tired!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Bobita said...

Woof! Woof! (I. Can't. Help. It...wait for it...wait for it....Bow-wow-wow yipee-o yipee-ay, bow-wow, yipee-o yipee-ah!!)

I'm sooo with Big T! I would much rather be running around naked trying to pee on someone than puttin' away leftovers!!

:)

7:51 PM

 
Blogger Dawn said...

I am a dog. My child is a Tiger and my husband is the angry black man, a very traditional symbol.

4:42 PM

 
Blogger Gina said...

I am a Pig, so can't help you there. Perhaps it would be better to call myself a boar, since I think that is the actual Chinese animal, but all American books call us Pigs, so I guess if the shoe fits...

4:03 PM

 
Blogger buddhabikeryaya said...

aaaaarrroooooooo! can i get a ruff! ruff!? aw well...least you got your blog seestahs...i'm going to copy you on a few of the books and movies too...my husband is now the happy leprechaun...more on that later

9:23 AM

 
Blogger Trabinski said...

Haa haa, I'm sensing a theme here - correct me if I'm wrong. Throw up my hands, shake my head, and find something to laugh about!! Works for me!
Thanks yayas!

3:39 PM

 
Blogger Mommygoth said...

I think I'm a dog, I don't remember, and I am the queen of the 2 hour discussion to hammer out an issue that should have taken 2 minutes. Heh.

7:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home