- peering down for a broader view -

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Aaahh Spring

Wow, the sun is finally shining today. Perhaps spring is on it's way. There are just a few days left of Spring Break here so I told my kids today is "Kids Day" at our house. I've been feeling guilty that I've been working in my home office too much and haven't spent much quality time with the rugrats.

So . . . today we are going to plant seeds into little pots to put in the windowsill. Hopefully they'll sprout nicely and be ready for our little garden in a month or two.

I say this with a bit of a knowing giggle. I must mention that I have a BLACK thumb! About every four months I have to replace the would-be "live" plants in my house. I should also add that this number of live plants dwindles each time because I've come to the realization that fake plants work better. So I'm down to 3 real plants and 3 fake ones. This is so sad b/c I so love the idea of having lots of fresh greenery in the house. But I have to face the facts and realize that my "greenery" isn't sporting that "freshness" they should be.

I've just never been able to figure out the watering thing. Some of the tags say "keep moist" while others say, "let it dry out before watering." Since I can't keep it straight which ones need what when, I just wait for the tell tale signs of looking a bit limp and parched. At which point the plants think they've been transported to Niagra Falls. I soak 'em until the water is oozing and seeping everywhere. Such the cycle continues. But I digress.

I am an optimist however, so today we plant seeds! :)

I better get going for now before the "kids day" turns into "kids running wild day."

Happy Spring!

3 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

It was sunny here too. I called in sick ( fake sick) and sat on the porch in the sun.

And it's OK if the seedlings don't make it. They're not meant too. Each packet is only supposed to yield about 20% viable plants - so cmon- law of averages and all.

2:27 PM

 
Blogger oshee said...

Hey you still there? After 'kid's day' ya never know. If you have made it all the way to the looney bin, let me know. I'll send a fake plant for your window in that padded room.

:-D

9:47 PM

 
Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

I found you cuz I saw a picture from your bachelorette party on someone's blog. Ride 'em cowboy! ; )

5:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home